The Sales and Administrative Assistant will play a key role in helping the company manage our current growth and develop new business. Specifically, this role will support the work of the Sales team in managing and maintaining existing client relationships, responding to queries, and developing new clients. The Sales/Admin assistant must be an outgoing, self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and numeracy skills. The position will also entail general office-based responsibilities, focusing on management of the client journey, as well as general office administration. These responsibilities will include:
- Taking an active role in the generation of new business.
- Maintaining client relations through the creation, management and tracking of quotes, contracts and invoicing for work.
- Creation of promotional and marketing materials, including copy writing.
- General office administration tasks, including fielding email and telephone enquiries.
- Any other such duties as are deemed commensurate with the position.
As a flexible employer, we would welcome applications from people interested in working remotely, or on a part-time or job-sharing basis.
Person and Skill Requirements:
Magnitude Surveys offers a comprehensive in-house training programme; however, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and background:
- Naturally outgoing and confident in liaising with prospective and existing clients, particularly via telephone.
- A basic understanding of archaeological or near-surface geophysics would be advantageous.
- Experience of Marketing and Sales.
- IT proficiency, including accounting software (e.g. Xero), use of Databases, Microsoft Excel, and . Familiarity with graphical design packages would be advantageous.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
The Company and Benefits
Magnitude Surveys is seeking a driven, self-motivated individual who is looking to expand their technical skills and creative abilities as part of one of the UK’s largest independent providers of near-surface geophysical surveys. Magnitude Surveys is a social enterprise and independent provider of near-surface geophysics to the community, public outreach and commercial sectors.
Employee perks package, including discounts at major retailers, free coffee @ Cafe Nero, free Cineworld cinema tickets.
Companywide performance-based bonus scheme.
Travel for business purposes, accommodation and subsistence are paid for while working away from the office.
Magnitude Surveys encourages and supports the professional development of its staff by funding conference attendance and presentation, as well as relevant training.
The successful candidate will be automatically enrolled into the NEST workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions of up to 6%. Magnitude Surveys offers 28 days holiday including bank holidays, in addition to three annual shutdown days in December.
The closing date for application is July 19. Applicants should submit a covering letter and CV through our website. Interviews will be held remotely.
Applications through employment agencies or those not submitted through the link above will not be accepted.
For further information about the position, please contact Paul Johnson at [email protected] or 01274 926020