The Technical Operations Manager will oversee the Workshop, Research and Development, IT and Facilities operations, ensuring products, processes and facilities are delivered to a consistent and high quality standard. The role will primarily involve working with and managing a team of technical staff.
- Manage Research & Development projects between the workshop, IT and key stakeholders, while communicating with the wider company.
- Manage the sourcing, development, maintenance and utilisation of equipment across the company.
- Manage the sourcing, development, maintenance & utilisation of IT services across the company.
- Manage day to day facilities management tasks, including—but not limited to—coordinating facilities cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Assess, set and oversee budget targets.
- Staff development, including identifying survey and equipment training needs and coordinating the delivery to colleagues. This may include site visits and/or audits.
- Maintain risk assessments for equipment and facilities.
- Contribute to the development of workplace systems and procedures.
- Provide advice to wider departments and staff on geophysics and other technical areas of operations.
- Keep abreast of industry and regional standards and guidelines and ensuring that work is being undertaken to these requirements.
- Any other tasks which are relevant to the role.
Person Specification and Skill Requirements
- A geophysical and/or remote sensing background or knowledge is desirable, but not essential. Greater weight will be given to individuals who have experience in project and/or personnel management.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists at ACIfA/MCIfA grade.
- Strong technical knowledge of geophysics, geophysical equipment and applications.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of backend software development.
- Knowledge and experience of utilising UNIX systems.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and managing teams.
- Extensive experience in project management.
- Experience in remote sensing methodologies is desirable.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Mentoring experience is desirable.
- Understands project budgets and associated costs.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to build strong relationships with colleagues, external suppliers, and stakeholders.