Geophysical Services Manager will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of pre-survey and fieldwork services, as well as post-fieldwork project elements including report production and quality control, data deposition and archiving, and client and stakeholder engagement, ensuring they are delivered to a consistent and high-quality standard. The role will entail managing a group of Project Officers, who are responsible for the day-to-day project elements from commission to completion, and a dedicated Reporting Officer.
- Manage a team of Project Officers working on pre-survey and fieldwork elements of heritage and non-heritage geophysical surveys, as well as UAV surveys.
- Responsible for ensuring the Projects Team meets fieldwork and reporting budget targets.
- Ensure uniformity in quality excellence for pre-survey and fieldwork services by the Projects Team (e.g. for WSI and RAMS production, client engagement, fieldwork elements).
- Ensure uniformity in quality excellence for post-fieldwork services (e.g. reporting, client management, archiving).
- Contribute to the development of workplace systems and procedures.
- Staff development, including identifying training needs and coordination of delivery to colleagues.
- Take ownership of Management Systems appropriate to the role.
- Keep abreast of industry and regional standards and guidelines and ensuring that work is undertaking to these requirements.
- Undertake quality audits of pre-survey and survey elements, which may include occasional site visits.
- Sign off on geophysical survey and remote sensing surveys reports.
Person Specification and Skill Requirements
- A background in commercial archaeology project management
- Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists at ACIfA or MCIfA grade is desirable
- Proven track record of leading and managing teams
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience of managing archaeology projects or elements of complex projects
- An understanding of project budgets and associated costs
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and members of the public
- Extensive experience in project management
- Companywide performance-based bonus scheme
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Additional paid leave for Christmas & New Year closure period
- Additional holiday with length of service
- Auto enrolment onto company pension scheme with 6% employer-matched pension contributions
- Employee perks package, including discounts at major retailers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Newly renovated office facilities
- Field and office-based training
- Clear career progression within the company
- High quality PPE
- Paid site safety certifications (e.g. CSCS)
- Paid professional accreditation (e.g. CIfA)
- Subsistence and accommodation provided for all surveys
- Travel between the office and site is included within working hours
Applicants should submit a covering letter and CV through our website.
Applications through employment agencies or those not submitted through the link above will not be accepted.
For further information about the position, please contact Ruby Carter at [email protected] or 01274 926026.