The Technical Operations Manager will oversee the Workshop, Research and Development, IT and Facilities operations, ensuring products, processes and facilities are delivered to a consistent and high quality standard. The role will primarily involve working with and managing a team of technical staff.
- Manage Research & Development projects between the workshop, IT and key stakeholders, while communicating with the wider company.
- Manage the sourcing, development, maintenance and utilisation of equipment across the company.
- Manage the sourcing, development, maintenance & utilisation of IT services across the company.
- Manage day to day facilities management tasks, including—but not limited to—coordinating facilities cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Assess, set and oversee budget targets.
- Staff development, including identifying survey and equipment training needs and coordinating the delivery to colleagues. This may include site visits and/or audits.
- Maintain risk assessments for equipment and facilities.
- Contribute to the development of workplace systems and procedures.
- Provide advice to wider departments and staff on geophysics and other technical areas of operations.
- Keep abreast of industry and regional standards and guidelines and ensuring that work is being undertaken to these requirements.
- Any other tasks which are relevant to the role.
Person Specification and Skill Requirements
- A geophysical and/or remote sensing background or knowledge is desirable, but not essential. Greater weight will be given to individuals who have experience in project and/or personnel management.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists at ACIfA/MCIfA grade.
- Strong technical knowledge of geophysics, geophysical equipment and applications.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of backend software development.
- Knowledge and experience of utilising UNIX systems.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and managing teams.
- Extensive experience in project management.
- Experience in remote sensing methodologies is desirable.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Mentoring experience is desirable.
- Understands project budgets and associated costs.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to build strong relationships with colleagues, external suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Companywide performance-based bonus scheme
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Additional paid leave for Christmas & New Year closure period
- Additional holiday with length of service
- Auto enrolment onto company pension scheme with 6% employer-matched pension contributions
- Employee perks package, including discounts at major retailers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Newly renovated office facilities
- Field and office-based training
- Clear career progression within the company
- High quality PPE
- Paid site safety certifications (e.g. CSCS)
- Paid professional accreditation (e.g. CIfA)
- Subsistence and accommodation provided for all surveys
- Travel between the office and site is included within working hours
Applicants should submit a covering letter and CV through our website.
Applications through employment agencies or those not submitted through the link above will not be accepted.
For further information about the position, please contact Ruby Carter at [email protected] or 01274 926026.