Magnitude Surveys Ltd: Underpinning the fabric of Geophysical innovation
Collaborative – Strongly collaborative approach to interpretation and training.
Bespoke – Design and Build our own equipment & software that is bespoke and tailored to our staff and needs.
Progressive – Progressive and forward thinking, championing equal opportunities with strong female presence in Leadership positions.
Bradfordian – As a company, we are embedded in our community, and proud of our roots in a city which has contributed so much to the practice of archaeological geophysics.
MS is a diverse company of collaborative individuals creating bespoke and proactive approaches to heritage and non-heritage geophysics. With a focus on integrating techniques that provide unbiased advice and the opportunity for industry development.
The Company has grown organically from 3 to over 50 employees over the past 7 years. We work alongside major archaeological contractors on a wide range of exciting projects throughout the UK, including small-scale community surveys and national-scale infrastructure projects. We are a CIfA Registered Organisation and a member of FAME.
The benefits for working for us:
Additional to salary:
- Profit share bonuses
- Auto enrolment onto company pension scheme with NEST
- Option to pay pension contributions through salary sacrifice scheme
- Option to obtain an EV vehicle through salary sacrifice scheme, with £300pm Company contribution for Management positions.
- Employee perks, including discounts at major retailers
- Subsistence and accommodation provided for most surveys (depending on commuting distance from the office)
- Cost of living bonuses & inflation pay award pending
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Additional paid leave for Christmas to New Year closure
- Additional annual leave days with length of service
- Field & Office based training
- Clear career progression within the Company
- Paid site safety certifications i.e. CSCS and LANTRA
- Paid professional accreditation i.e. CIfA
- High quality PPE
- Mental health first aiders at all levels of the Company
- Auto enrolment onto medial insurance through AXA
- Access to physiotherapists, chiropractors and other therapists
- 24/7 Doctor appointments
- Cash back for Dental & Optical
- Access to 24/7 confidential EAP helpline
- Mental Health cover included
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Newly renovated office with fresh air circulation throughout
- Breakfast items provided in the office for all staff to access
- Supermarket vouchers provided throughout the year
- Travel between office & survey site included within working hours
About the roles:
|Job Title||The Role||The Skills Required||Salary & Band|
|Geophysical Services Manager||Geophysical Services Manager will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of pre-survey and fieldwork services, as well as post-fieldwork project elements including report production and quality control, data deposition and archiving, and client and stakeholder engagement, ensuring they are delivered to a consistent and high-quality standard.The role will entail managing a group of Project Officers, who are responsible for the day-to-day project elements from commission to completion.||– A background in commercial archaeology project management– Proven track record of leading and managing teams
– Effective interpersonal communication skills
– Previous experience of managing archaeological projects or elements of complex projects
– An understanding of project budgets and associated costs
– Strong multi-tasking skills
– The ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
|£35,200 – £42,500Band: M6|
Please note that Geophysical Services Managers are expected to occasionally do site visits.
Want to apply?
If you want to work for Magnitude Surveys Ltd, then click Apply or send your CV & Cover Letter to Shanni Rafferty, [email protected].
If you would like to see a copy of the Job Description & Person Specification prior to applying, please e-mail Shanni Rafferty at [email protected], specifying which role you are interested in.